Система Orphus

Symptoms of disease - violation of visual in children

The violation of children - this is a visual acuity of less than 0.3 for the best eye with the correction and/or field of vision is less than 15 arc deg.

Visual disturbances cause the children have considerable difficulties in the knowledge of the reality, narrow social contacts, restrict their orientation, the ability to engage in many kinds of activities.

Which diseases there is violation of visual in children


is caused by a different virus and infectious diseases (flu, toxoplasmosis, etc.), metabolic mother during pregnancy;
- hereditary transmission of some of the defects of sight (decreasing the size of the eye, cataract etc.);
"sometimes caused by congenital benign brain tumors (such violations are not immediately).


- intracranial and vnutriglaznae hemorrhage, head trauma during childbirth and the early age of the child;
- in connection with an increase in intraocular pressure;
- on the background of General somatic weakening of the health of the child;
- preterm children with retinopathy of (a decrease in sensitivity of the retina), in which often occurs total blindness.

Cause atrophy of the optic nerve can be both hereditary and acquired anomalies.

In children with very low body mass is often observed retinitis, or retinopathy of premature babies (disease of the retina): the lower the weight, the higher the probability of its appearance. It is called the inappropriate body weight of the child the development of blood vessels on the perimeter of the retina.

In 90 percent of cases, this situation is allowed in itself, but the other 10 per cent of the cases retinopathy can lead to serious complications.

Congenital cataract in children - this is quite a normal phenomenon, but it is rather difficult to notice, until it will take some time. A cataract is a total and partial, in one eye or in both, it can keep its size or increase.

Partial, similar to the point, cataracts assists in the sight very little influence, however the total cataract can lead to complete blindness.

Development of cataracts may contribute to the used in the treatment of asthma corticosteroids.

Any cataract, affects vision, requires immediate treatment. This treatment depends on the density of cataract and on the affected whether it both eyes, or only one.

A child born with a total of cataract of both eyes, it must be removed not later than two months to allow the light to stimulate the development of the retina.

Nystagmus in children

That nervous twitching of the eyeball. Nystagmus may be innate and is sometimes linked to albinism (lack of pigmentation); it may cause and sensory deprivation (lack of external stimuli) in an earlier period of development.

Congenital nystagmus, although somewhat with visual perception, does not create a great inconvenience; and as for the acquired nystagmus, it may be the result of disorders of brain activity and requires careful consideration.

Obstruction nasolacrimal flow

This affected approximately one out of twenty newborns. Tear tubules (in the inner part of the century) are formed relatively late, so the tears roll down her cheeks, as a result of what may follow infection.

Obstruction nasolacrimal flow disappears to six months in 80 per cent of children without treatment, and the remaining 20 per cent of it has to eliminate artificially.

White pupillary reflex in children

In this case, the pupil looks white, which can be caused by a number of congenital and acquired diseases.

The most common of them is the cataract, and the most serious swelling of the retina, retinoblastoma.

Retinoblastoma in children

Retinoblastoma is a malignant intraocular tumor.

It occurs very rarely, but can be life-threatening.

As ataxia is an inherited disease, with a high probability it can be found at other relatives.

Birth trauma

Prolonged and obstructed labour, especially in the imposition of obstetric forceps, could lead to mechanical damage to the eye, the eye muscles and surrounding areas. Although the majority of the birth trauma is not very serious and are identified in the course of several weeks, some damage to the cornea can lead to serious violations of view.

AIDS in children

The infection can get into the body or blood transfusions, or during the birth process. This is quite rare, but the number of AIDS infections is increasing every year, with about a fifth of all cases of the disease AIDS small children it affects their vision, which, unfortunately, is not the biggest problem in such circumstances.

Which doctor should I contact if there is a violation of visual in children

  • Ophthalmologist
  • Pediatrician
  • Children's ophthalmologist

Are you experiencing violation of visual in children? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.

Do you feel visual disrupted in children? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.

Disorders by category

Disorders by alphabet

Map of the symptoms and the types of disorders is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.