Symptoms of disease - pregnancy tailbone pain
Pain in the coccyx (coccyalgia) - a very common complaint during pregnancy. The definition of «Tailbone Pain Syndrome» is a broad concept, which unites a number of (rectalgia, anal neuralgia, anorectal pain, coccyalgia), the main symptom of which is a pain in the vagina, rear passage or coccyx.
The pains in the coccyx in pregnancy is different - stabbing, stupid, radiating into vagina, lower abdomen, buttocks, thigh, etc. Sometimes precisely localize the pain place not succeed, and patients complain of pain in the rectum, the severity or burning sensation in the zone of the coccyx, constant discomfort in the area.
Separately, it should be considered only a traumatic coccyalgia, where the immediate cause of the pain is injured tailbone.
Which diseases there is pregnancy tailbone pain
Why sore tailbone during pregnancy?
1. When pregnancy bones undergo significant changes, changes the configuration of the pelvis because of hormonal changes, offset bodies, the center of gravity.
2. In the second trimester of the growing uterus leads to tension in the pelvic bones, sacrum and coccyx and their ligaments. If a pregnant woman is the old injury, the tension in the tissues amplifies, causing discomfort and pain in the coccyx.
3. Pain in the coccyx may be associated with: the threat of premature termination of pregnancy; to the shortage of magnesium and/or calcium; infringement of nerve at the exit of the coccyx; be a normal variant, if the previous root causes are excluded.
Other causes of pain in the coccyx in pregnancy:
- the effects of trauma (has taken place even in the distant past, long before the emergence of pain). This may be a decline in the coccyx, kick or on a solid object. Notable is the fact that the injury could be long before the emergence of pain in the spine, so the patient may not link collected when the injury to its condition. In addition to injuries can be other causes of coccyalgia (for example, if a long time to sit on the «soft»). After contusion quite a long time can be saved stupid and a slight pain. And that's burning and colicky pain testify to the sciatica - sciatic nerve neuralgia;
- inflammatory diseases of the abdomen (for example, adnexitis - inflammation of appendages of a uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries);
- deposition of salts or inflammation in the joint between the sacrum and coccyx.
- disorders of nervous-muscular apparatus behind anal space and all of the pelvic floor;
- changes in the bones of the region;
- backbone diseases with neurological symptoms;
- diseases of the rectum, even when treated them (hemorrhoids, anal fissure, proctitius, sigmoid, etc.);
- operations on the passage that led to the Rubtsov deformations of the anus;
- the omission of pussy;
- heavy labor, in which a large fruit unbend the joint with a catch out;
- habit a long time to sit in a toilet;
- diseases of the urogenital organs;
- psycho-emotional stress.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pregnancy tailbone pain
To find out the specific cause of pain in the coccyx during pregnancy and to define further tactics you should consult with obstetrix-gynecologist.
Are you experiencing pregnancy tailbone pain? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel coccyx hurts during pregnancy? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.