Symptoms of disease - pain in the sacrum
Sacrum (Latin os sacrum) is a large triangular-shaped bone at the base of the spine, forms the upper rear portion of the pelvis, like a wedge located between two of the pelvic bones. The upper part of the rump is connected with the last lumbar vertebrae, lower - with the coccyx.
Sacral vertebrae, vertebrae sacrales, number 5, together with an adult in a single bone - sacrum. Sacrum, the os sacrum, has the form of a wedge, is located under the last lumbar vertebra and participates in the formation of the rear wall of the small pelvis. In bones distinguish between the front and rear surface, two side edges, the base (a large part of that comes up) and the top (the narrow part, the downward). From the base to the top of the sacrum bone is riddled with curved shape sacral channel, Canalis sacralis. The front surface of the sacrum smooth, concave, facing in the pelvic cavity and therefore it is called pelvic surface, facies pelvina; it retains traces of a seam tel five sacral vertebrae in the form of four parallel coming transverse lines, lineae transversae. To the outside of them are from each party to the four pelvic sacral holes, foramina sacralis pelvina, which posteriorly and medially lead in the cavity of the sacral canal (they pass through the front branches of the sacral spinal nerves and their accompanying vessels).
The right and left articulation or sore rump differently
The violation of the right of the Sacro-iliac joint. Offset impedes the circulation of the blood in right leg, causing cramps and pain in the muscles. This is a case of right-wing bias of the pelvic bones. Moreover, that the wrong combination gives the sacrum pain, so is a man while still lose weight, suffering from diarrhea, violation of liver, stomach and intestines. Women often have a gynecological diseases.
If you move the pelvic bones left obese patients, easy affected by cold, often suffer from constipation and a violation of the functions of the heart and lungs.
Hieralgia (sacrodynia: Anat. [os] sacrum sacrum + Greek odynē pain), pain in the small of my back, caused by different pathological processes in the small pelvis, and surrounding areas.
The lower-back pain is not a disease, but a symptom complex that only in rare cases should explain the specific reasons for the loss of binding disc, malignant tumors, visceral, neurological or vascular disorders. The term "pain in the small of my back" is attributed to, thus, only localization in the field spanning disk surrounding the longitudinal ligaments and intervertebral joints, from which, apparently, comes the pain. The cause of the pain, however, only in rare cases can be explained morphological changes.
When the worries rump - back pain can be so severe that about anything else and couldn't think. People often confuse the base of her spine and sacrum pain in the coccyx is often taken for sacral problems. In General sacrum is below the spine, however, distinguish, where the coccyx and where the sacrum, as a rule, dentist, chiropractor and associated with medicine people.
Which diseases there is pain in the sacrum
The main causes of pain in the sacrum:
1. Pain in the rump is observed more frequently in gynecologic diseases, for example when an external endometriosis, localized in the area of the Sacro-uterine ligaments and/or behind the cervix. Pain in patients with endometriosis are cyclical in nature and amplified during the milf.
2. Pain in the sacrum, the increasing during physical activity, marked by a chronic back parametritis, leading to a shrinkage rectal-uterine ligaments.
3. Pain in the sacrum can be linked, for example, with anomalies of development of the spine, first of all with the transitional lumbar-sacral vertebra. In such cases, the pain in the sacrum usually appear suddenly after the load on the spine, the inclination of the torso to the side, and fell at feet, as well as with awkward movements.
4. Aching pain in the sacrum is often a symptom of bias V lumbar vertebra in anteroposterior direction - spondylolisthesis. Blindness may occur also in pathological processes in the muscles of the buttock area, lesions of the Sacro-iliac ligaments.
5. At a thrombophlebitis iliac and pelvic veins the pain may be in the back and rump.
6. Pain in the sacrum may appear when the fetus is in the rear position (or vertex), in which the head of the child presses the sacrum bone bearing, the rear part of the pelvis. However, this pain can occur after the other provisions of the fetus or when changing from the rear to the front. The reason may be the emergence in this place heightened tension in the muscles.
7. Special and serious problem cause pain arising in the small of my back and lumbar-sacral joints of the. Almost always, and particularly for women, the pain associated with the existing inflammatory or dyshormonals processes of organs of small pelvis. Despite signs of a far from ideal state of the vertebral column in this area, the pain is most often associated with other causes - the condition of the spine only prepares the «point of minimum resistance» for the formation of painful syndromes. Men, especially the elderly, often demonstrate sacral pain, which are based on any of the processes of the prostate, or colon.
8. Traumatic injuries of the sacrum. Patients who complain of pain in the small of my back, are often forced to take the unusual position of the body due to spasm of the sacrococcygeal vertebrates muscles. The pain is usually limited to the lower part of the back and disappears within a few days, if the patient is in a state of rest.
9. The tumor, infectious diseases and metabolic diseases. Metastatic cancer of the mammary gland, lung, prostate, thyroid, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, multiple myeloma and lymphoma (not Hodgkin's) are a malignant tumor, which are most often affect sacrum. Because of their primary localization may escape the attention or be asymptomatic, such patients at the time of treatment to a doctor may complain of pain in the small of my back. The pain is usually permanent and aching in nature, it is often persists peace. At night the pain may worsen.
10. Infectious lesions of the sacrum is usually the result of intrusion pyogenic microorganisms (staphylococci or coliform bacteria) or the causative agent of tuberculosis, which is often difficult to identify on the basis of clinical data. Patients complain of subacute or chronic pain in the small of my back, which increases with the movements, but does not disappear in a state of rest.
11. In the so-called metabolic diseases of the bones (osteoporosis or osteomalacia) a significant loss of bone substance can occur without any symptoms. Many patients with conditions such, however, complain about the long, dull, but not intense pain in the small of my back.
12. Pain in the sacrum with urological or gynaecological diseases. In the pelvic area of rare diseases arise, which cause a pain in the small of my back, while this may show itself gynecological disorders. Less than 1/3 of cases of pathological changes in the pelvic area, which are accompanied by pain due to an inflammatory process. Other possible causes, such as relaxation structures that support the uterus, retroversion of the uterus, varicose expansion of veins of the pelvis and swelling of the appendages of the ovary, require further study. It is necessary to emphasize the importance of mental disorders in the majority of unrecognized cases.
13. Pain at the milf as such can be felt in the sacral region. It is quite poorly localized, tends to spread to the lower extremities and has the character of a colic. The most important source of chronic pain in the small of my back, irradiate of the organs of the pelvis, are, however, utero-sacral ligaments.
14. Endometriosis or uterine cancer (of the body or neck) can affect these structures, and the incorrect position of the cervix may lead to tension. The pain is felt in the center of the sacrum, below the lumbar-sacral the joints, but can be more pronounced on one side of the sacrum. In patients with endometriosis pain occurs prior to the milf, continues for some time and passes in pain at the milf. Some researchers believe that the incorrect position of the uterus (the deviation of posteriorly, the omission and the loss) leads to pain in the small of my back, especially after a long stay on feet. The influence of the position of the body in this case, similarly to what is observed in tension utero-sacral ligaments uterine fibroids.
15. Chronic prostatitis, confirmed by a violation of the functions of the prostate gland, a burning sensation during urination, increased frequency of urination and a small decrease in sexual potency, may be accompanied by a dull pain in the small of my back; she can prevail on one side and irradiating in one leg, if in the painful process involved seed bottle on the same side.
16. Prostate cancer with metastases in the lower part of the spine is one of the most frequent cause of pain in the small of my back or lower back. In this case, the pain may not be accompanied by increased frequency of urination or a burning sensation. Tumor cells may infiltrate the spinal nerves, compression of the spinal cord possible with the defeat of the epidural space. The diagnosis is made on the basis of a study of the rectum, data radiographic techniques and radioisotope scanning of the spine and determination of activity of acid phosphatase (especially faction phosphatase of the prostate gland).
17. Pain in the lumbar-sacral spine can be strengthened, for example, with the expansion of ampoules bowel due to the accumulation of fecal masses or the exacerbation of colitis.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in the sacrum
When you feel pain in the sacrum needed gynaecological, urological and neurological examination, and also examinations of orthopedist. The nature of the lesion of the spine is installed with the help of x-rays. Treatment is directed at the underlying disease.
Are you experiencing pain in the sacrum? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel sacrum hurts? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.