Symptoms of disease - pain in epigastric region
Epigastric region (epigastrium, regio epigastrica) - an area directly under the xiphoid process, corresponding to the projection of stomach to the front abdominal cavity.
If a mentally line on the stomach, through the bottom edge of the rib, all that is above this line to the ribs (get a triangle) this is epigastric region.
Which diseases there is pain in epigastric region
Causes of pain in epigastric area (the stomach):
- Pain in the stomach and the right hypochondrium is more often observed in the defeat of the diaphragm, the esophagus, duodenal ulcer, biliary tract, liver, pancreas, cardiac disorders of the stomach, as well as in outside the abdominal diseases (right-sided pneumonia, pathology of the heart, the pericardium or pleura, left pyelonephritis, vesico-ureteral reflux, urolithiasis).
- Pain in the stomach and the left hypochondrium, is marked on hiatal hernia, fundal gastritis, pancreatitis, the defeat of the spleen, splenic corner of the large intestine, constipation, as well as in outside the abdominal diseases (righthand pyelonephritis, urolithiasis, vesico-ureteral reflux, the left-hand pneumonia).
- The emergence of pain primarily in the stomach or around the navel with further movement of pain in the right iliac region, the greatest pain and muscle tension of this region are typical for acute appendicitis.
- Acute pancreatitis begins with sharp constant pain under the spoon, the host shingles character. The emergence of pain precedes the use of abundant fatty foods, alcohol. Characterized by repeated vomiting gastric content, then duodenal content, brings no relief.
- Myocardial infarction (abdominal form) has similarities with the clinical manifestations of ulcer perforation. The beginning of the disease is characterized by the occurrence of acute pain under the spoon, irradiate in the region of the heart, between the shoulder blades. The condition of the patient serious, he tries to maintain a fixed position, often - semisitting. Pulse frequent, arrhythmic, blood pressure is reduced.
- Basal pneumonia and pleurisy. Pain in the upper half of the abdomen occurs acutely increases in breathing, coughing. Her breathing is shallow, with auscultation can be found in the lower parts of the chest rubbing noise of the pleura, wheezing. The body temperature is raised up to 38-40 Degrees. Pulse frequent. Tongue wet. The stomach may be moderately strained under the spoon.
- Spontaneous pneumothorax is a complication of bullous emphysema of the lungs. Characterized by sudden occurrence of acute pain in the right or left side of the chest radiating to the epigastric region. The breath is not heard on the appropriate light.
- In the period of purulent peritonitis, which was due to perforation of the plagues, the clinical course is similar to the clinical manifestation of peritonitis any origin. In the beginning of the complications appear typical symptoms of ulcer perforation in a loose abdominal cavity - suddenly there is a sharp pain under the spoon, "shaped board" the tension in the muscles of the front abdominal wall of the abdomen. Then the acute manifestations subside in connection with delimitation of the inflammatory process.
- Perforation of the plagues of the rear wall of the stomach. The contents of the stomach is poured out in packing bag. Acute pain that occurs in the stomach, not such sharp, as in case of ingestion of the contents of the free wall of the abdomen. The objective study of the patient can be found in the stomach pain and tension of the muscles of the abdominal wall.
- For acute duodenitis is characterized by pain in the stomach, nausea, vomiting, General weakness, tenderness on palpation in the stomach. The diagnosis is confirmed by duodeno fiberscopes, discovers inflammatory changes of the mucous membrane duodenal ulcer. In very rare phlegmonous duodenitis sharply worsens the General condition of the patient, determined by the tension in the muscles of the abdominal wall in the stomach, positive symptom schetkina - Bloomberg, fever, leukocytosis, increased ESR.
- Compensated stage pyloroduodenal stenosis does not have any expressed clinical symptoms, since the stomach relatively easily overcomes the difficulty of the passage of food through the narrow area. The General condition of the patients is satisfactory. On the background of the usual symptoms of peptic ulcer patients report a sense of fullness or heaviness in the stomach, mostly after a heavy meal, a few more frequently than before, arises heartburn, belching sour and occasionally vomiting stomach contents with the expressed a sour taste. After vomiting disappears pain under the spoon.
In the stage of subcompensation in patients increases the feeling of weight and fullness in the stomach, a burp with an unpleasant smell of rotten eggs due to the long delay of food in the stomach. Patients are often concerned about the sharp kolikoobraznye the pain associated with enhanced peristalsis stomach. These pains are accompanied by transfusion, the rumbling in my stomach. Almost daily arises profuse vomiting, bringing relief, so often sick cause vomiting artificially. Vomit contain a mixture of food, adopted long before vomiting.
For the decompensation stage is characterized by the feeling of bursting open in the stomach, abundant daily vomiting, sometimes many times over. In the absence of an independent vomiting patients have to artificially induce vomiting or resort to lavage of the stomach through the tube. Vomit contain foul-smelling rotting of the old food residues. After emptying of the stomach comes relief for a few hours Arises thirst, decreased urine output as a result of dehydration. Insufficient intake in the intestine of food and water is the cause of constipation. Some patients experience diarrhea due to the appearance of products of fermentation from the stomach into the intestine.
- Hepatic colic is characterized by sharp, cramping nature pain in the stomach or in the right hypochondrium, quickly relieves antispasmodic drugs. The body temperature normal. On abdominal examination signs of acute inflammation does not reveal.
- Pain in the stomach inherent in many infectious diseases. Sudden pain in the abdomen, mainly in epigastralna, umbilical or meso gastral region, nausea, abundant repeated vomiting, liquid stool to get a doctor to assume the possibility of the food poisoning (PTI). Gastro-intestinal disorders at PTI almost always accompanied by symptoms of intoxication: headache, dizziness, weakness, chills, increased body temperature, and sometimes short-term loss of consciousness and seizures. Often patients called «suspicious» product, which served as, in their opinion, the factor of infection.
- Pain in the stomach is typical for foodborne diseases, salmonellosis and other forms of acute dysentery, which proceeds according to the type of food poisoning, for the initial period of viral hepatitis, especially type A, leptospirosis, his abdominal form.
- Pain in the stomach up to the development of haemorrhagic syndrome may be present in the Crimean hemorrhagic fever, she is accompanied by a moderate fever, vomiting.
- Defeat of the solar plexus when typhus typhoid are accompanied by pain in the stomach (the upper symptom Govorova).
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in epigastric region
Are you experiencing pain in epigastric region? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel epigastric region hurts? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.