Symptoms of disease - pain in the urethra
The urethra - the part of the urinary system, which is carried out by the excretion of urine from the bladder to the outside.
The walls of the urethra composed of internal mucous membranes and external musculoskeletal and connective tissue, that is, the urethra is the tube length 18-20 cm in men and 3-4 cm in women and with a diameter of 6-7 mm.
The urethra in men starts from the bladder, passes through the prostate gland and the sponge-like body of the penis and opens out on his head.
In it to distinguish several departments:
Prostatic Department passes through the prostate gland, on the back wall of which is the seed tubercle. During sexual intercourse the tubercle becomes erect and hinders the zabrosu sperm in bladder. Taking into account that the male urethra has two functions (the output of urine from the bladder out and conclusion of sperm during intercourse), it is in this Department channel open VAS deferens and the ducts of the prostate gland.
Webbed Department is the narrowest part of the canal, which passes through the diaphragm muscle pelvis. Then begins the spongy part (the longest is about 15 cm.), which is surrounded by cavernous body and goes up to the hole.
Female urethra is much shorter than the male. It starts from the bladder, goes through the bottom of the pelvis and is opened on the eve of the vagina. The rear wall of the urethra is connected with the front wall of the vagina. Along the canal are near urethral glands secreting secret, the volume of which increased during sexual arousal. This body performs the function of not only the excretion of urine, but also to retain it, what is happening at the expense of the external and internal sphincters.
Which diseases there is pain in the urethra
Pain in the urethra can be described as dysuria or a burning sensation when urinating and be continuing or occur from time to time.
Patients with inflammatory processes of the urethra feel pain in the urethra mainly when urinating and during sexual arousal. In most cases there are allocation of purulent character of the urethra. In the case when the stone came down from the upper urinary tract and is stuck in the mouth of the urethra, the patient feels a sudden pain in the urethra. It manifests itself during urination, when the stone is held together with a stream of urine into the urethra.
At the same time with the emergence of pain is interrupted stream of urine. Palpation of the urethra usually gives the possibility to determine the location and size of the stone. In men more often he stops of the navicular pit. Pain in periurstral and paraurethral abscesses is localized according to their location.
Causes of pain in the urethra:
Pain in the urethra in men and women is a symptom of such inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system as: urethritis, acute and chronic prostatitis, stones in the prostate gland, tumor diseases of the urinary tract; cystitis; some sexually transmitted diseases.
Basically a pain in the urethra in men and women had at the following diseases:
- Trichomoniasis (trichomoniasis)
The stones in the prostate and bladder.
1. Chlamydia - and more precisely the urogenital (urogenital) chlamydia relate to the sexually transmitted diseases. It is a contagious disease, in which chlamydia cause damage to the sexual organs and the
urinary tract man. Danger of chlamydia is that long anymore, it leads to complications, which are most often and forced to refer the patient to a doctor. So, often, a symptom, which causes the address to the doctor is infertility. Treatment of chlamydia must necessarily be conducted of all partners. At the end of the course are carried out control tests. If chlamydia is not detected, the analyses conducted once in a month (in women - before the menstruation). Only after this it will be possible to speak about the effectiveness of the treatment.
2. Gonorrhea is an infectious disease caused by gonococci kind of transmitted sexually. Gonorrhea affects digestive organs, lined cylindrical and transitional epithelium; the urethra, cervix, the lower third of the rectum, the conjunctiva. In the treatment of gonorrhoea major importance have antibiotics, which have bactericidal and bacteriostatic action on gonococci. In acute fresh gonorrhea for the therapeutic effect enough etiotroponogo treatment. Patients complicated, torpid and chronic forms of gonorrhea shows the complex etiological and pathogenetic therapy.
Treatment of gonorrhea should be carried out strictly under the supervision of a physician.
3. Urolithiasis - a disease manifested by the formation of stones in any Department of the urogenital system. Disease occurs in people of different ages, from children to the elderly. So with stones in the urinary bladder causes pain in the lower abdomen, which may give in pussy, sex organs. Pain in the urethra appears when moving and when urinating. Another manifestation of stones bladder - frequent urination. Sharp unaccountable urge appear when walking, shaking, physical load. During urination may occur the so-called symptom of "collateral" - suddenly the stream of urine is interrupted, although the patient feels that the bladder is not emptied completely, and urination resumed only after the change of body position.
In severe cases, a very large stone patients may urinate only lying.
Treatment of urolithic illness may be conservative, instrumental and operational.
4. Urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra, the main manifestation of which is a spin-off from him, and pain when urinating. Urethritis is also found in men and in women. Pain in the urethra may arise as from time to time - only when urinating, and be permanent in nature. Constant pain in the urethra is often a symptom of colliculitis (one of the types of urethritis).
In acute urethritis pain are sharp and painful, chronic they are less strong and are perceived as a burning sensation. But any symptom of urethritis is a valid reason seek emergency medical attention: an infection of the urethra is coming up, involved in the inflammatory process and other bodies. In the worst case, untreated urethritis may eventually grow into a prostatitis, and for women - cause inflammatory processes of female genital organs. Treatment of urethritis a strictly individually.
5. Trichomoniasis is a disease, which is caused by trichomonads. Main place of their dwelling in a man's body - the prostate gland and seminal vesicles, female - vagina. However, in the first enters the body of trichomonads always cause urethritis, and, as a consequence, the pain in the urethra. The infection is sexually transmitted in contact with the patient or carrier of the infection. In women trichomoniasis is manifested by inflammation of the vagina (colpitis), cervix (cervical infection) and glands, which produce lubricants necessary for sexual intercourse. In men most often becomes inflamed urethra (urethritis) and the prostate gland (prostatitis).
Treatment must necessarily be conducted of all partners, regardless of the results of laboratory research. The course of treatment antibacterial preparations is on average 10 days.
6. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the tissue of the prostate gland, its edema. This is the most frequent urological disease in men aged 20-50 years. A great role in the development of prostatitis play migrated earlier or current infection. Clinically significant are chlamydia, ureaplasma, Mycoplasma, herpes virus, trichomonads, gonococcus, the fungus Candida.
To date remains topical antibacterial therapy of chronic prostatitis. The doctor should take into account individual features of the disease, the presence of infection, the immune system. Widely and successfully in the treatment of prostatitis apply physiotherapeutic methods of treatment: magneto-laser-short-wave therapy, ultrasound, acupuncture, treatment with leeches, prostate massage, thermal procedures.
7. Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder. Cystitis is one of the most common inflammatory diseases of the urinary organs. Sick cystitis in women. If You suspect yourself have cystitis - do not try to treat it yourself, and even more do not start the disease.
Improperly treated or undertreated cystitis may go into a chronic process, which then would have to treat the whole life. If You have diagnosed the symptoms of cystitis, then You should be in the nearest time to turn to the doctor or gynecologist
8. Pain in the urethra may be the result of chemical, traumatic or infectious factors.
9. Cramps and pain in the urethra during urination is not necessarily associated with inflammatory processes in the urethra. They can be observed if the acidic urine diathesis and urolithiasis (during the passage of the sand and (or) the stones from the urethra).
10. The emergence of pain in the urethra when sitting, and walking is characteristic of the stone back of the urethra. Evidence of this is the second time the developing baby.
11. Pain in the women's urethra is often accompanied by caruncle - expansion of a bluish color, easy bleeding and pain during sexual intercourse.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in the urethra
Are you experiencing pain in the urethra? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel urethra hurts? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.