Symptoms of disease - myofascial pain
Myofascial pain is different in etiology and pathogenesis of painful muscle conditions, which occur a second time on the background of orthopedic pathology, degenerative-dystrophic changes of the spine, nervous disorders and somatic diseases.
Which diseases there is myofascial pain
yofascial pain is the basis of all kinds of painful parts of the locomotor system - articular, ligamentous, diskogenic. This is a multidisciplinary problem is extremely actual for the modern medicine. At a certain stage of his life of those or other manifestations of myophascial pain suffers almost every person.
The pathogenesis of myophascial pain includes three stages:
1. the first stage of the residual tension of the muscles;
2. the second stage - dysfunction segmental apparatus of the spinal cord;
3. third stage - change programs of building a movement.
Clinical variants of myophascial pain:
- dorsalgia (myogenic, fascial-ligamentous, arthritic, of the intervertebral discs);
the defeat of the peripheral motor neuron (secondary contracture, tunneling neuropathy);
- destruction afferent neuron (a painful syringomyelia, complex regional pain syndrome);
the defeat of the Central propulsion complexes (myofascial pain in patients with post-stroke hemiplegia, myofascial pain in patients with Parkinsonism, myofascial pain in patients with tortikollis, orthostatic ileo-lumbar spasm);
- tension headache;
- myofascial pain and depression, hysteria.
2. Orthopedics and traumatology:
- myofascial pain in the event of blocking thoraco-lumbar transition and ileo-lumbar muscles;
- syndrome of moving ribs;
- sterno-simfizarny pain syndrome;
- shoulder-scapular periarthrosis;
- myofascial pain in fractures of long tubular bones.
- dysfunction temporo-mandibular joint.
4. Internal diseases:
- pseudo cardialgiae;
- myofascial pain when polyarthritis and osteoarthritis.
- syndrome of pelvic day (coccyalgia).
- cervical myopia.
- functional loss of the pathology of muscles of the tympanic cavity;
- functional disfonia with pathology of muscles of the larynx;
- dizziness at a pathology of the muscles of the neck.
Characteristics of myophascial pain.
This is usually a dull pain, localized deep in the tissues. It may occur alone or only when moving. Its intensity varies from the sensation of slight severity to the strongest and agonizing pain. The main feature of myophascial pain is its localization. Pain occurs away from the trigger point or even the muscles, it caused. For each muscle there are quite a strictly demarcated zone reflected pain and fairly stable location of the trigger points. Spasmed muscle can compress the vascular, nervous beam, passing in the muscles or between a muscle or bone structure. In this case myofascial pain is accompanied by focal neurological symptoms (symptoms of loss of sensory and motor functions) and vascular reaction (swelling, discoloration of the skin). Active trigger points can also cause not painful phenomena. The most frequent vegetative symptoms: local spasm of the vessels, the local hyperhydrosis, pilomotornaya activity. Paresthesia may be equivalent painful phenomena reflected in the zone.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a myofascial pain
- An otholaryngologist
Are you experiencing myofascial pain? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel myofascial hurts? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.