Symptoms of disease - pain in the nose
Good friend of the visible part of the nose, called the external nose, consists of a root, the back, and the tops of the wings. The basis of the external nose constitute the nasal bones - frontal projection of the jaw, lateral cartilage and a large pterygoid cartilage of the nose, covered with muscles, which are designed for compressing the nasal hole and pull down the wings of the nose. Although the external nose and is covered with the same skin as the face, because of the abundance of the sebaceous glands of the skin in the place of fat and slow-moving.
Before getting into the nasal cavity, the air first enters on its threshold. Nasal partition, formed by a vertical plate of the ethmoid bone, opener and cartilage, divides the nasal cavity into two parts. Although the surface of the nose and looks symmetrical, for many people, the nasal partition is curved. This slight deviation is considered the norm, although it is an asymmetry of the skull.
The space between the wall of the nose and nasal cavities called common with the progress; in the side of the departments of the nasal cavity, respectively, with three shells there are three nasal progress. The lower nasal passage above is limited to the lower nasal sink a bottom - the bottom of the nasal cavity. In the lower forward the move, at a distance of 10 mm from the front end of the shell, is a hole nasolacrimal channel. The wing of the nose, in addition to a large a cartilage, includes connective of education, from which are formed lowback departments of the nasal openings (nostrils).
Which diseases there is pain in the nose
Pain in the nose - a sign of the disease of the body and paranasal sinuses. Timely identification of the cause of the pain and the treatment warn the transition of the acute form of the disease to a chronic and development of complications.
Causes of pain in his nose:
1. In diseases of the skin of the external nose, for example when furuncle, pain in the nose is intensive, often spreading to the forehead and the side of the head. Is noted the sharp pain of his nose when touched. It increases with the increase of swelling, which can be of great size. Celebrated not only swelling, and redness, voltage tissues. During the examination of the entrance in the nose can be seen him narrowing. This place is the most painful when touched. At an early age a boil, which appeared in the nose, often combined with common multiple furunculosis, and occur primarily at the weakened children, suffering from intestinal diseases. Pain in the nose they have sharply expressed, along with other signs of inflammation - redness, swelling - accompanied by local temperature increases, i.e. the skin was hot to the touch.
2. The pain occurs when injuries nose. In these cases it is caused by the traumatic violation of the integrity of tissues.
3. In acute inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (antritis, etc.) pain is intense. Narrowing, and sometimes a complete closure of the lumen of the nasal cavity causes a delay of discharge and the appearance due to the pain. Pain symptom of reduced provided free flow of content from the nose and the sinuses. In the defeat of the paranasal sinuses pain is typical for its location, time of occurrence. The localization of the pain depends on the kind of sinus involved in the process: if the frontal - pain is felt mainly in the area of the forehead, when sinus - in the area of the cheeks and teeth. Often the pain is associated with a certain time of the day. Noted its pre-emptive the rise in the morning, in the night time.
The pain increases when pressure is applied to the walls of the relevant sinus, on the forehead, cheeks. It can be distributed in the region of the temple, and the top of the head and even the neck. If the inflammation of the frontal sinus combined with inflammation of the other sinuses, the pain may localize to the root of the nose, wearing a pressing nature. At the same time indicated pain at the inner corner of the eyes.
4. In chronic sinusitis pain in the sinuses is not so intense and often accompanied by headache, reduced mental and physical activity. Headache when it is of a diffuse character, it is not constant - increases during the exacerbation, as well as from various reasons, causing a rush of blood to the brain (the overheating in the sun, fatigue).
To prevent pain in the nose should be timely treatment of the main disease. Therefore prevention should be aimed at the elimination of acute and chronic inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract, the restoration of nasal breathing by conservative and, if necessary, and surgical treatment. Also important tempering and restorative procedures, increasing the protective force of the organism of the child. Children, in which there are often boils, it is recommended to examine, as the timely treatment of the main disease is prevention of boils and their complications.
5. The acute and chronic rhinitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of the nasal cavity - a common and seemingly harmless disease. However, with regard to the latter, it is not quite so. The nasal cavity is the «entrance gate» of the respiratory tract, through which passes inhaled and exhaled air. In addition, this powerful, richly innervated area connected with the different organs and systems of organism. Therefore, the body reacts to even the most minor violations of the physiological functions of the nose (respiratory, olfactory, body, etc.).
Runny nose causes sick great concern, when it abruptly lost appetite. Discharge from the nose annoying, cause nervousness, form negative reflexes, harmful habits, create a risk for a number of other diseases. Disruption of the normal nasal breathing has a negative impact on the cardiovascular system, the organs of respiration, intracranial, the cerebrospinal and intraocular pressure, the flow of lymph, brain blood circulation, brain function, etc.
Chronic rhinitis is often the consequence of untreated acute cold or flu. To the emergence of chronic forms is also wrong treatment. The causes of the illness are different (dust, gas, adverse climatic conditions, the curvature of the nasal septum, adenoids, etc.).
6. Allergic rhinitis.
Causes - increased sensitivity of the organism to the action of various agents in the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity - pollen, animal hair, dust and etc.
Clinical manifestations: often profuse watery discharge from the nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, red eyes, lacrimation, headache. In the case of the slow reaction - a rare sneezing, often in the morning, almost constant stuffy nose, which is amplified in the situation of lying, and separated, as a rule not watery, and a few more thick, slimy.
As a rule, the disease has a seasonal character. At one and the same patient's disease worsens every year, at the same time, usually in the spring or early summer. The diagnosis is an ENT doctor on the basis of complaints of the patient, history of the disease, the examination of the nasal cavity. These methods is often sufficient for diagnosis. In some cases resort to the front rhinomanometry (assessment of the respiratory function of the nose), analysis of the scrape by the mucous membrane of the nose, endoscopic study of the nasal cavity, the allergy tests.
7. Hypertrophic rhinitis is a consequence of chronic catarrhal rhinitis.
Reasons: as a result of long influence of adverse factors (dust, gases, unsuitable climate, etc.), the availability of a curved nasal septum. Often, the cause is chronic inflammation of the paranasal sinuses or adenoids.
Symptoms: expressed zalojennosti nose, the feeling of dryness in the nose, difficult blowing the nose, reduced sense of smell. Frequent nosebleeds.
Diagnosis: the diagnosis put on the establishment of an anamnesis, front rhinoscopy (broad nasal cavity due to atrophy mainly of the lower nasal shells, accumulation of thick secretion, which places drying up, forms a crust), front active rhinomanometry.
8. Neuralgia nasal ciliary nerve.
Is found in relatively young people (up to 40 years). Is characterized by paroxysmal intense burning, pressing, swelling pain in the eyes, the eyes, nose, irradiating in the corresponding half of the forehead. Trigger zones are not detected. Attacks of pain often occur at night, last for tens of minutes, sometimes a few hours and even days.
Accompanied by vegetative disorders: hyperemia eyes, lacrimation, rhinorrhea, swelling of the nasal mucosa in homolateral side. Sometimes develop a breach of trophic cornea (the phenomenon of keratitis)
9. Gangliitis of (ganglionevrit) pterygopalatine node is characterized by the spontaneous sharp pains in the eyes, around the orbit, in the area of the nose, the upper jaw, and sometimes in the teeth and gums of the lower jaw. The pain may spread to the area of the temple, and the auricle, the nape of the neck, neck, shoulder, shoulder, forearm and even brush. Pain paroxysms are accompanied by pronounced vegetative symptoms, a kind of «the storm» (redness half of the face, swelling of the tissues of the face, eyes, abundant branch of the secret of one half of the nose). Continues attack from several minutes to several hours, and sometimes 1-2 day and more. Often painful paroxysms are developing at night.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in the nose
- An otholaryngologist
Are you experiencing pain in the nose? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel nose hurts? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.