Symptoms of disease - pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation
The emergence of a milf (monthly) in women is the result of complex interactions of reproductive hormones, the level of which in the body rises and falls in different periods of the monthly cycle, which lasts for approximately one lunar month (28 days). Many women do not notice many changes in your body during the entire cycle of the milf, except for the blood discharge in a few days. However, about one-third of women in the world suffer from the unpleasant symptoms when monthly associated with fluctuations in the levels of hormones, especially noticeable negative feelings milf in the last 7-14 days of the cycle.
What is the cause of abdominal pain during menstruation?
- insufficient level of endogenous opiates (endorphins, enkephalins);
- insufficiency of the luteal phase;
- functional failure of tissue enzymes of the endometrium and violations of fragmentation reject mucous membrane of the uterus;
- excessive content of prostaglandins;
- increased pain sensitivity;
Strong motivation and effort of the will, switching attention to any intellectual activity may weaken the lower abdominal pain during menstruation or even completely suppress it.
As is evident pain during menstruation?
Abdominal pain during menstruation occurs in 30-50% of women, but only in 5-10% of cases the pain is too strong (dysmenorrhea) and lead to a decrease of work capacity.
Distinguish between primary, or a function, not associated with, and secondary algodismenoreyu caused by pathological processes in the small pelvis organs.
Algomenorrhea manifest severe pains in the lower abdomen during menstruation, weakness, loss of consciousness, low blood pressure.
Which diseases there is pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation
Symptoms of pains at monthly:
- cramping pain in the lower abdomen, radiating in the lumbar region, at least - in the area of external genitals, groin and thighs. Severe pain concerned about in the days of the milf or a few days before. The pain of spasmodic and rather intensive. Severe pain during menstruation exhaust the nervous system, contribute to the development of asthenic conditions (lethargy, weakness), reduce the working capacity;
- a General weakness, nausea, vomiting;
- spastic headaches, dizziness;
- the increase of temperature to 37 degrees C;
- dryness of mouth;
- swelling of the abdomen;
- mental disorders - anxiety, irritability, insomnia, depression, memory impairment, indifference and apathy;
craving for sweets, increased appetite, reaction to sugar (cardiac arrhythmia, fainting);
- weight gain, swelling of hands and feet, swelling and painful sensitivity of mammary glands;
- fainting and other disorders.
Sometimes lead becomes one symptom that worries more than the pain in the lower abdomen. The pain was accompanied by disorder of the functions of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Strong abdominal pain during menstruation in Teens (primary algomenorrhea) are usually at the little emotional girls, in 1-1, 5 years after the first month, with the initiation of ovulation.
Strong abdominal pain during menstruation among adolescent girls, as a rule, are not connected with the anatomical changes of internal genital organs.
Lower abdominal pain during menstruation - as a symptom of other diseases (secondary algomenorrhea).
Severe pain during menstruation, which arise because of anatomical changes of the uterus (violation of contractile activity of myometrium, hyperanteflexio, adenomyosis, endometriosis, etc.)
Other causes severe pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation in women after 30 years:
- in women after 30 years may occur after childbirth, abortion, inflammatory gynecologic diseases;
- one of the most frequent causes of secondary algodismenorrhea - endometriosis. In patients with endometriosis aching (sometimes cramping) abdominal pain radiating into the rectum may bother throughout the menstrual cycle and amplified for 2-3 days before the milf;
- the use of intrauterine contraceptive devices, but when using intrauterine contraceptives containing progestins (e.g., Mirena), severe pain during menstruation is not observed;
- sybmucous myoma of the uterus - the so-called born myomatous nodes, when a node is pushed out through the cervical canal;
- pelvic varicose veins. Varicose veins of small pelvis may be the result of inflammation and adhesions, system diseases of the veins (expansion of hemorrhoids veins and vein lower limbs);
- malformation genitals, which hinder the outflow of menstrual blood.
In the case of menstrual better to consult a gynecologist, to ensure the absence of any serious health problems. If no such complications, get rid of pains at monthly will help right kind of diet and vitamins.
Refer to the gynecologist, if:
- the pain will not pass after the end of the milf;
- if You have a high temperature, diarrhea, or rash in a month;
- menstrual bleeding was especially strong in several months;
- after the "normal milf" suddenly there is painful;
- pain accompanied by serious problems with the digestive system - black, tarry stools or blood in the stool.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation
Are you experiencing pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel hurts in the lower abdomen during menstruation? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.