Symptoms of disease - pain in temples
Pain in the temples is one of the most common complaints with which patients turn to the doctor-neurologist.
Epidemiological studies show that more than 70% of the population of developed countries complain of episodic or chronic headaches in the temples. However, this figure does not reflect the true state of things, as many patients do not go to doctors, pursuing self-medicate, or - in some cases - not wanting to be tested for fear of finding out the more serious pathology. Often these patients, periodically experiencing headaches in the temples, do not go to doctors, more than half of them take otc analgesics, often with the abuse of drugs. This leads to the development of the dangerous side effects gastrointestinal disturbances, liver and kidneys, allergic).
Which diseases there is pain in temples
The main causes of pain in the temples:
1. Headaches in the temples can be associated with the violation of the tone of cerebral blood vessels and venous bed.
2. In persons of young age, they can be symptoms of autonomic dysfunction, migraines, increased intracranial pressure.
3. In older age, it is the beginning symptoms of arterial hypertension, cerebral atherosclerosis. Provoking moments can be change of weather, mental, emotional and physical overload. In this case, the characteristic of heaviness in the head and pressing, a throbbing pain in the head or temples;
4. Infectious diseases (various, including influenza, sore throat, and many others);
5. Intoxication (that is poisoning), the most familiar of which is a history of alcohol;
6. Psychogenic headache. As a rule, the "nerve" headaches, aching, dull, feeling that arise in the temple, in the back of his head, somewhere inside. This increases irritability, fatigue. Patients complain of general discomfort in the head", which makes it difficult to collect his thoughts and concentrate plus a sense of alarm.
7. Migraine and beam pain - independent disease, the main symptom of which is a strong acute headache, covering one half of the head. At the same time with it before the eyes appear bright points ("fly"). In some people during the attack increases sensitivity to smells, tastes and a variety of external stimuli. In the future, patients complain of pain in one side of my head, the pain in the temple, giving the eye. In the absence of treatment the pain is spreading all over the head, and often have nausea and vomiting. Migraine headache may be accompanied by photophobia and general weakness. The sufferings of the last from 30 minutes to several hours. If the attack is delayed for a few days, he may end up migraine stroke;
8. Women have migraines are usually associated with the menstrual cycle and for the first time makes itself felt during puberty is a period of hormonal storms. When pregnancy frequency of attacks is reduced, after the birth migraine can go away forever.
9. Due to hormonal disorders, for example, at the menopause;
10. Headaches in the temples of uncertain etiology.
11. Temporal arteritis, a rare disease in which there is inflammation of the walls of the temporal arteries, causing excruciating severe throbbing pain in temples.
12. Pain in my temples often indicates a violation of the activities of the cranial and spinal nerves.
13. Pain in the temples - one of the most frequent symptoms of a pathology of the temporo-mandibular joint. Usually headache of the pathology of the temporo-mandibular joint is located in the temples, neck and even the shoulders (blades). Clench his jaw and grating teeth can be a sign of pathology of the temporo-mandibular joint; these symptoms cause muscle pain, which may be the cause of headaches. Misaligned disk TMJ can also cause pain in a joint, which often changes in the temples, forehead or the neck. These headaches are often so strong that doctors take them and treat (without much success) as migraine or the pathology of the brain.
14. Foods that cause pain in the temples:
- Food and drink containing monosodium glutamate, which is a matter of taste additives present in many processed foods; believe that he is the cause of headaches (and also excessive sweating and difficulty breathing, tension in the face and jaws) in 10-25% of the total population. Headache, occurring approximately 15-30 minutes after administration of glutamate, is characterized by the beating, a dull, throbbing pain in temples and painful sensations in the forehead area.
Foods containing monosodium glutamate:
- Chinese cuisine
- Canned and dried soups
- Roasted nuts
- Processed meat
Turkey in its own juice
- Dressings, sauces
Some species of potato snacks and potato chips
- Many spices and seasonings
- "Hot-dogs headache" (in honor of this particularly rich nitrites product litany) manifests the throbbing pain in temples thirty minutes later, after the use of nitrites.
Products containing nitrites:
- Canned ham
- Corned Beef
- Hot dogs
- Bologna sausage
- Smoked fish
- Chocolate - one of the most powerful triggers migraines. Firstly, chocolate provoke gipoglikemia, because it contains sugar, and also because of cocoa beans is easy gipoglikemiceski effect. Secondly, chocolate contains caffeine - trigger migraines. Thirdly, it includes phenylethylamine, who, as amine, causes narrowing of the blood vessels and, as a consequence, headache pain in the temples.
Which doctor should I contact if there is a pain in temples
Are you experiencing pain in temples? You want to know more detailed information, or you need an inspection? Please sign up on reception to the doctor! Doctors will examine you, examine the external signs and help to determine the disease the symptoms, they will consult you and provide the necessary assistance. You can also call the doctor on the house.
Do you feel temples hurt? You should be very careful approach to your health in general. People pay not enough attention to the symptoms of the disease and don't realize that these diseases can be critically dangerous. There are many diseases that in the beginning didn't manifest in our body, but in the end it turns out, unfortunately, it have already been treated too late. Every disease has its own specific features typical symptoms - called symptoms of the disease. Definition of symptoms is the first step in the diagnosis of diseases in general. You just need a few times a year to be screened by a doctor, not only to prevent a terrible disease, but also to maintain a healthy spirit in a body and the organism in general.
Pains by category
Pains by alphabet
Map of the symptoms and the types of pain is intended solely for educational purposes. We strongly recommend do NOT self-medicate; on all matters relating to the definition of the disease and ways of its treatment, contact your doctor. Md-tips is not responsible for the consequences of use information posted on the site.